ECOGESTES : the port d’Armor’s new eco-campaign
Ecogestes Manche Atlantique Bretagne* is a campaign that acts as an incentive among boaters to change their habits (equipment, conduct etc.), so as to reduce their ecological footprint. For more information you can visit their website at ecogestes-amo.fr
Florian BARGAT, an eco-activist, will be visiting the port’s pontoons, so please give him a warm welcome.
Here are a few participatory science projects to pass on to others:
- ObsEnMer reports the sighting of marine mammals.
- PhenoMer reports the finding of marine debris.
- Fish&Click report the finding of abandoned fishing gear (nets, cases, dredgers etc.)
- APECS’ census program records basking shark sightings.
Here are two phone apps to get to know your local coast:
- Donia enables users to see and get familiar with the sea floor.
- Bernic&Clic encourages users to discover more than 130 coastal plant and animal species.
*Brittany’s Channel Atlantic Eco-habits